Article 24 Except as otherwise provided in the Copyright Law of the Peoples Republic of China, this Regulation or other laws or administrative regulations, any one who, without the licensing by the software copyright owner, commits any of the following infringing acts, shall, upon the situation, stop the infringement, eliminate the effect, make a public apology, compensate for loss and bear other civil responsibilities; if his act prejudices the social and public interests, the copyright administrative department shall order him to stop the infringing act, confiscate of his illegal gains, confiscate and destroy the infringing copies and may concurrently impose a fine; if the circumstances are serious, the copyright administrative department may concurrently confiscate of the key materials, tools and equipment for making the infringing copies; if his act prejudices the Criminal Law, he shall, according to law, be demanded for criminal responsibility under the provisions of the Criminal law on crimes of infringing on the copyright and crimes of selling the infringing copies:
1. To reproduce, wholly or partly, the software of the copyright owner;
2. To distribute, rent or disseminate through information networks the software of the copyright owner to the public;
3. Intentionally to escape from or disrupt the technical measures adopted by the copyright owner for protecting his software copyright;
4. Intentionally to delete or alter electric data for software right management; or
5. To transfer or license another person to exercise the software copyright of the copyright owner.
In addition, the infringer who commits the act under subparagraph 1 or 2 of the paragraph above shall be concurrently imposed a fine of 100 yuan per copy or not exceeding five times the value of the copies; the infringer who commits the act under subparagraph 3, 4 or 5 of the paragraph above shall be concurrently imposed a fine not exceeding 50,000 yuan.